apply for “Bildung und Teilhabe”

For a lot of families with low income it is difficult to participate in social life, therefore a possibility was created to help such families that also have children. It is called “Bildung und Teilhabe”, or “BuT” short. That means help in offering education and participation to your child or children. If your child eats lunch at a day care center or school, for example, the Social Welfare Office reimburses you for this. The same applies to fees for sports or music clubs, school trips or private lessons. So, if you receive money from the Job Center, child allowance, housing benefit, social assistance or asylum seeker benefits, you can make such an application.

Find further information about “Bildung und Teilhabe” in your surrounding in the adress box.